Description of Local Area.
Apartments are generally located in Sliema, St Julian’s and Swieqi, three of the liveliest towns in Malta. These areas are home to much of Malta’s expat community because of their youthful atmosphere and a good selection of shops, restaurants and entertainment venues. Students choosing to stay here will be well-connected to Malta’s social, cultural and tourism scenes. Beaches are never too far away, nor is the long seaside promenade that’s buzzing with people day and night. Apartments are at a maximum distance of 30 minutes on foot or quicker by bus.
Description of Accommodation
Our EC accommodation allows you to integrate more into the EC community so that you get the most out of your experience. Make a new friend by sharing a twin room with a room mate or enjoy time on your own in a single room. Your EC home is your place to relax and recharge and it is important that you feel comfortable. All our Shared Apartments have a standard level of comfort.
EC offers fully equipped apartments including a kitchen with oven, microwave, hob, fridge/freezer, toaster and kettle, a living and a dining area. AC is also available in all bedrooms at an additional charge. The maximum capacity of our apartments is eight (8) students per apartment.
This accommodation is NOT exclusively used for EC students.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE APARTMENTS OPTIONS ARE MIXED GENDER ACCOMMODATION. SHARED BEDROOMS ARE NOT MIXED GENDER UNLESS REQUESTED BY COUPLES OR FRIENDS TRAVELLING TOGETHER.
- A Cleaning Service is provided free of charge once a week. Tidying up and refreshing rooms, bathrooms and common areas. Towels and linen also changed weekly. For daily upkeep of the apartment, students must buy their own cleaning materials. Toiletries and personal hygiene products must be purchased by the student.
- The number of washing machines (no dryer) depends on the apartment block, usually it is 1 per apartment. Students need to buy washing liquid
- Luggage drop-off is not allowed
- Kitchen utensils are provided free of charge (Cutlery, crockery, pots and pans). No deposit needed
- Utility bills are included, except for AC. Heating via AC in the bedroom is free of charge up to 10€ per week, the equivalent of approx. 20 hours, between the end of the 2nd week of December until the end of the 2nd week of March. During summer, a fan is provided in every bedroom. A/C cooling or heating outside the above dates may cost on average €5-10 per day and can be paid for at a meter. AC electricity consumption depends heavily on usage and the cost may therefore be above the aforementioned amount.
- Bed linen, one (1) bath towel and one (1) bathmat are provided. However, students should bring their own beach towels
- Hairdryer provided at school’s reception against a refundable supplement
Single and Couples Travelling together (sharing a bed). Room size (Bathroom included): approx. 17m2
- Cleaning Service Provided
- Communal Dining Room
- Communal Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities
Rooms sizes and views vary
Shared bathroom ratio: up to 4 students max
Private bathroom available at an extra supplement
Images are for representation purpose only. Actual furnishings may differ from those shown. Amenities and services are subject to change.
Please refer to partners.ecenglish.com for the most up to date factsheet. Information live on this site will supersede any information provided earlier
Max 30 mins on foot to school
SCHOOL NUMBER +356 2379 0555 during office hours (9am to 5pm)
+356 9946 7078 – 24/7
Journey to school
On foot or by bus – max 30 mins on foot to school.
Arrival and departure
Arrival day: Saturday/Sunday
(please see Arrival procedure)
Check-in: from 14:00
Early check-in is not allowed
Late check-in is allowed
(please see Arrival procedure)
Departure day: Saturday/Sunday
Check out: 10 am
Late check-out is not allowed
Cancellation prior to arrival
Students cancelling or postponing 14 days or less prior to their accommodation dates will be charged a two-week accommodation fee at the rate quoted in the price list for the accommodation booked and the accommodation placement fee.
Cancellation after arrival
Students leaving their accommodation must give notice in writing 4 weeks prior to termination. If the 4-week notice period is not provided a cancellation fee equal to 4 weeks of the accommodation cost will apply. After deducting the price of accommodation used at the rate quoted in the price list, including the required notice period charged at the same rate, students will be refunded the remaining accommodation costs.
Arrival transfer is included free of charge when booking course and accommodation with EC.
Other ways to get to your residence
If, despite free airport transfer offered by EC, you decide to arrange your own transfer, please note that you must contact the school during office hours (Monday to Thursday before the arrival date from 9am to 4pm) to arrange key collection from school reception.
Upon arrival and luggage pick-up you will enter the Malta Airport Arrival area, where you should look for your taxi driver who will be holding a white paper with a big orange EC logo. The driver will ask you for your name and surname. The drivers will always try to be on time, however, if for reasons beyond their control, a delay occur, please, wait for 10 mins before you call the EC Emergency number on +356 99467078. Please note that our cars have space for 1 cabin luggage and 1 large suitcase per person. You will then be taken to your accommodation. If you arrive before 2pm you can leave your luggage in the common area of the apartment and wait until your bedroom is cleaned before you check-in. Please note that EC does not accept any liability for your belongings.
Check-out from the apartment is 10am. You are permitted to leave your luggage in the common area of the apartment until you are leaving to go to the airport. Please remember to leave your apartment and bedroom key as indicated, otherwise lost key charges may apply.
- Students need to be 18+ to choose this accommodation
- All apartments are mixed gender apartments (single gender in twin rooms)
- Every resident has to sign a Shared Apartment Agreement before they can receive the key of the apartment or as otherwise instructed.
- The Agreement informs the residents that they are responsible for any damages and it explains the other rules of the accommodation (some of them listed below). The document is available on request before confirmation of booking.
- Guests are not permitted
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the apartment
- Students arriving in EC accommodation between 22.00 – 08.00 may be asked to book alternative accommodation for their first night. This is to ensure student’s safety on arrival.
- Garbage and recycling collection times must be followed, or local council fines apply. This info is displayed in each apartment
- While we promote and support diversity, we cannot guarantee language mix. However, we always encourage students to use English to communicate, be inclusive and respectful of others
- EC provides a clean living space for all students and expects a basic level of respect from all students. For example, if something is dropped, pick it up; do not leave clothes and belongings on the floor; place rubbish and leftovers in a garbage bag
Students are required to follow EC Student Code of Conduct, failure to do so can result in termination of the accommodation.
For more accommodation terms and conditions please refer to EC accommodation policy.