Description of Local Area
Located in Historic Jackson Square, close to North Beach, Chinatown, the Ferry Building, the Financial District and Fisherman’s Wharf.
Description of Accommodation
A newly renovated historic residence/hotel very close to EC, catering to international students and others seeking economical longer accommodations in San Francisco. While the building is over 100 years old, it has been updated with new bathrooms, a new shared kitchen, dining area and TV lounge. A large laundry room rounds out the public spaces.
NOTE: The Colombus has a 4 week minimum booking
- Common areas including shared bathrooms are cleaned daily.
- Credit card operated 8 washers and 8 dryers, $2.75 wash and $2.00 dry – Visa, American Express and Mastercard accepted
- Luggage drop-off is allowed same-day for arrival and departure. The only limitation is no overnight-baggage-check.
- Utility bills are included
- Kitchen utensils are provided
- 24-hour on-site security
- This residence does not provide towels, but one can be purchased from reception or students need to bring their own towels
- Single bed or loft bed in single rooms.
- Microwave stations on each floor, mini-fridge in each room
- Desk, dresser, lamp and armoire in each room
- Communal Kitchen
- Communal Lounge
- Laundry Facilities
- Vending Machines Available
Single / Twin.
Room size (Bathroom is not including): average 80 sq ft
Shared (1 bathroom with shower for 4 rooms)
Images are for representation purpose only. Actual furnishings may differ from those shown. Amenities and services are subject to change.
Please refer to partners.ecenglish.com for the most up to date factsheet. Information live on this site will supersede any information provided earlier
112 Columbus Avenue,
+1 415 500 4950
+1 424 428 8866
Journey to school
10 minutes walking distance.
Arrival and departure
Arrival day: Saturday ( Sunday arrival is possible)
Check-in: Guests can check in at 3pm, but if the room is ready early the guests will be allowed to check in earlier.
If the room isn’t ready and the guests come before 3pm, the guests` luggages can be kept at the residence and the guests can also wait in the lounge room.
Late check in is allowed.
Departure day: Saturday
Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
Late check out is not possible.
Cancellation prior to arrival
Students cancelling or postponing 14 days or less prior to their accommodation dates will be charged a two-week accommodation fee at the rate quoted in the price list for the accommodation booked and the accommodation placement fee.
Cancellation after arrival
Students leaving their accommodation must give notice in writing 4 weeks prior to termination. If the 4-week notice period is not provided a cancellation fee equal to 4 weeks of the accommodation cost will apply. After deducting the price of accommodation used at the rate quoted in the price list, including the required notice period charged at the same rate, students will be refunded the remaining accommodation costs.
Airport pick -up
If you have booked accommodation with
EC you must arrive at the airport between 08:00 and 20:00. Late/early
arrivals may be asked to book alternative accommodation
Please call the driver at +1 415-606 0666 to meet him curbside outside at the airport after you arrive.
(You can use WhatsApp or use the white courtesy phones in the airport terminal).
If your flight is missed, delayed, or cancelled, or if there is any other problem, you should notify EC by calling +1 424-428-8808 (from the information desk or a mobile phone) to rearrange your transfer time and avoid additional
A staff member from the Columbus will email you with your self-check-in procedures.
- Students must be 18 + to choose this residence
- Mixed Gender: Male and female students share common areas and facilities, but bedrooms are single gender.
- Overnight guest allowed 2 days max only for students staying in a private room and longer than one month
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the residence.
- While we promote and support diversity, we cannot guarantee language mix. However, we always encourage students to use English to communicate, be respectful and inclusive of others
- EC provides a clean living space for all students and expects a basic level of respect from all students. For example, if something is dropped, pick it up; do not leave clothes and belongings on the floor; place rubbish and leftovers in a garbage bag
Students are required to follow EC Student Code of Conduct, failure to do so can result in termination of the accommodation.
For more accommodation terms please refer to EC accommodation terms.