Description of Local Area
Host families are all withing easy reach of EC Malta, either using public transport or within walking distance. Homestay locations include but are not limited to; St Julian’s, Sliema, Swieqi, San Gwann, St Andrew’s, Ta’ Xbiex, Gzira, Msida and Pembroke.
Description of Accommodation
When choosing to stay with a homestay, students have the unique opportunity to share and experience the day to day life of an English-speaking Maltese family together with all the diversity of the local culture.
Choose between twin and single room accommodation and be placed with a student of a different nationality or choose to share with a friend.
Each room will provide the student with storage space for clothes, a chair and desk (if not in the bedroom students will be able to use a designated area for studying) as well as good lighting, mirror, waste paper bin. Bed linen and towels are provided by the host family and they will also offer students one clothes wash per week and anything extra is at the discretion of the host family.
Whilst staying in a host family students will have access to communal rooms such as the lounge, dining area and kitchen, however please note kitchen facilities cannot be used . Bathrooms will be shared with the host family.
When private bathroom options is booked it can either be en-suite to the bedroom or located outside the bedroom, however these facilities will be for the sole use of the student during their stay.
Images are for representation purpose only. Actual furnishings may differ from those shown. Amenities and services are subject to change.
Please refer to partners.ecenglish.com for the most up to date factsheet. Information live on this site will supersede any information provided earlier
+356 9946 7078
For use outside of office hours only
Journey to school
15 – 45 min walk. Times are approximate.
Arrival and departure
Arrival Day: Saturday/ Sunday
Check in time : after 2pm
Departure Day: Saturday/ Sunday
Check out time : 10am
Cancellation prior to arrival
Students cancelling or postponing fewer than 14 days before arrival will be charged a one-week accommodation fee at the standard accommodation rate and the accommodation placement fee.
Cancellation after arrival
Students leaving their accommodation must give notice in writing 4 weeks prior to termination. After deducting the price of accommodation used, including the required notice period, charged at standard accommodation rates, students will be refunded the remaining accommodation costs. If the 4-week notice period is not provided, a cancellation fee equal to 4 weeks of the accommodation cost will apply.
Arrival transfer is included free of charge when booking course and accommodation with EC.
- Special dietary may be accommodated subject to availability at a fee per week
- EC is happy to assist students with arrangements for any justifiable accommodation change. Requests to change host family accommodation must be accompanied by valid reasons.
- Kitchen cooking facilities are not to be used by students.
- With advanced notice we can accommodate any special requests that you may consider necessary for your well being e.g. non smoking family, no pets, allergies, special dietary requirements etc. However you should bear in mind that this may not always be possible.
- Students arriving in EC accommodation between 22.00 – 08.00 may be asked to book alternative accommodation for their first night.