- Visa Requirements
- Availability Update
EC Washington, DC
+1 202 695 7353 (Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 5:00pm)
(For use outside of office hours only)
+1 202 909 5873 *If line is busy, please try again.
EC Washington, DC , 1025 Connecticut Avenue NW , Suite 701 , Washington DC 20036 , USA
What is EC Online?
EC Online is a personalized study tool and powerful learning companion throughout your EC journey. Please see: Pre-arrival instructions.
When can I access EC Online?
You will have access to EC Online as soon as you receive your booking confirmation. Start by logging in here: signin.ecenglish.com/student.
What can I do with EC Online?
- Complete your placement test
- Fill in the pre-arrival survey
- Access a bank of study materials to start learning before you even leave home
Arrival at Airport
I want an EC airport transfer, can I arrive at any time?
If you have booked accommodation with EC you must arrive at the airport between 08:00 and 20:00. Late/early arrivals may be asked to book alternative accommodation.
What information do I need to give EC to make a reservation for an airport transfer?
Please provide your flight number, arrival time, terminal and airport of origin at least 2 weeks before you arrive.
Who will I meet at the airport?
If after 10 minutes You will meet an EC transportation representative who will meet you at the baggage claim for your flight if you arrive at Reagan National airport (DCA) or at Door 1 in front of International Arrivals if you arrive at Dulles International airport (IAD).
What should I do if I cannot find the EC representative?
If after waiting 10 minutes you cannot see the EC representative, just call 1-202-909-5873 (from the information desk or a cell phone). (Useful phrase to use: Hi, My name is (Maria Angeli). I am from (Italy). My student number is (123456). I cannot find my EC representative. I am at the information desk.)
What should I do if I have missed my flight or my flight is delayed?
You should notify EC by calling 1-202-909-5873 (from the information desk or a mobile phone) to rearrange your transfer time and avoid additional cost.(Useful phrase to use: My name is (Maria Angeli). I am from (Italy). My student number is (123456) and my flight has been changed. My new flight number is (1234) arriving at (time).
What should I do if I haven’t booked an EC transfer?
From Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD):
1. Exit the airport from Door 4 and go upstairs to the Silver Line Express ticket counter and buy a ticket ($5).
2. Take the Silver Line Express bus from just outside the ticket counter to Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station (15 mins). From here you can travel to destinations all over the city.
3. See http://www.wmata.com for more details.
From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA):
1. Exit from the Concourse (Level 2) at terminals A or B to get to the airport’s Metro Station. From here you can travel to destinations all over the city.
2. See http://www.wmata.com for more details.
From Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI):
1. Take the BWI Amtrak/MARC Shuttle from the Airport Terminal between Doors 1 and 2 to BWI Amtrak/MARC Station (4 stops, 12 minutes).
2. Walk about 1min to the BWI Rail Station and take either the MARC or Amtrak train to Washington Union Station (30-45 mins).
Arrival at EC Accommodation
What should I expect at my EC accommodation?
You will receive a warm, personal welcome, whether you have booked home stay or residence. All our hosts are fully briefed on how to make you feel comfortable and prepared for your first day of lessons. In our residences, an EC representative will be available at the weekend to help and answer any questions.
First Sunday Activities
What should I do on the Sunday before school starts?
Every Sunday, you will have the option of participating in a walking tour around the National Mall,arranged by EC. This is an opportunity to meet other new EC students,relax and be introduced to your new city together. With an EC staff member on hand, you can also ask any questions you may have.We will notify you of the Sunday activity schedule around 2 weeks before you start school.
Your First Day at School
How can I find my way to school?
You can find this information on your EC Accommodation Profile, or feel free to ask your host family or residence.
What if I haven’t booked EC accommodation?
You can take the DC Metro (WMATA) to:
- Farragut North (Red line)
- Farragut West (Blue/Orange/Silver lines)
- Multiple bus routes (check wmata.com)
What time should I arrive?
What should I bring with me?
It’s important to bring these documents with you on your first day:
- I-20 form(s) (F-1 students only)
- Visa and passport
- Proof of health insurance covering length of programme. This is required for you to start lessons
- Your credit card to pay a deposit if you have booked an EC Residence
- If you are sponsored, a Financial Guarantee letter.
- Any remaining payments required.
What can I expect on my first day?
You’ll experience the best possible welcome into the EC family on your first day. Enjoy undivided staff attention in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Here’s what your first day will include:
- Welcome event
- Detailed schedule of the day
- Orientation talk
- The remainder of your placement test (speaking and writing)
- ‘How We Learn’ – Session on how you’ll succeed with EC, including our teaching styles and methods
- ‘Living in our City’ – Session on local sights and useful information about the area
- Welcome tour of the school (Your first day will end at around 2:00 p.m.)
What will my timetable be?
You will receive your timetable at school at 1:30 p.m.
You will receive your timetable at school at 1:30 p.m.
Frequently Ask Questions
What happens on public holidays?
Schools do not open on public holidays, so if Monday is a public holiday, your first day at the school will be on Tuesday. Public holidays are listed below
2016 Public Holidays on a weekday: 01 January, 18 January, 15 February, 30 May, 04 July, 05 September, 10 October, 11 November, 24 November, 25 November, 26 December.
2017 Public Holidays on a weekday: 02 January, 16 January, 20 January, 20 February, 17 April, 29 May, 04 July, 04 September, 09 October, 10 November, 23 November, 24 November, 25 December.
What do I do if public transportation is temporarily unavailable?
In case of bad weather, public transport strikes etc, please check the EC Washington, DC Facebook page for any important updates or call the emergency number.