- Visa Requirements
- Availability Update
EC Vancouver: Standard YWCA Residence
Photos show samples of available rooms. Fixtures, fittings and sizes may vary.
- Communal Kitchen
- Communal Lounge
- Central air conditioning
- Bed linen and towels are provided and are changed once a week
- Weekly cleaning service provided
- Wi-Fi available at an extra charge. Costs approx $6.00/day, $22.00/week, or $33.00/month.
- Safety deposit boxes available at the front desk.
- Coin operated vending machines for soft drinks and snacks are located in the lobby.
- YWCA Health + Fitness Centre is located about a 7 minute walk from the residence. Students are able to use it free of charge in high season, in low season there is a monthly charge of $44.80.
- Free local telephone calls.
- Coin-operated laundry facilities ($2 per load for either washer/dryer). Laundry detergent and fabric softener can be purchased from the front desk.
- 24-hour reception desk.
- Iron boards can be found in the laundry room and irons at the front desk.
- TV in every room with no extra charge.
- Semi-private bathroom or shared hallway bathroom.
- Type of Room
- Single with shared bathroom or semi-private bathroom (sharing with one other room)
- Board Status
Description of accommodation
The YWCA is a 12 storey hotel located in downtown Vancouver, just minutes from EC Vancouver and close to all public transportation for access to other city locations.
All rooms are private with their own vanity area. Showers and toilets are either attached and shared with one other room, or located down the hallway and shared with a few other rooms. Room furnishings include a bed, a desk and chair, closet area, and a personal refrigerator. All rooms are fully carpeted. Students have access to three large shared kitchens located on the 4th, 7th, and 10th floor.
Description of local area
The YWCA hotel is located near to Rogers Arena (formerly GM Place), and Vancouver’s Queen Elizabeth and Playhouse Theatres.
The residence is conveniently located a short stroll away from Robson Street, the city’s popular shopping street and one block from Stadium Skytrain for convenient public transportation.
733 Beatty Street
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 2M4
+1 604 895 5830
+1 604 773 0488
Arrival and departure
Arrival: Saturday (check-in 15:00)
Departure: Saturday (check-out before 11:00)
Journey to school
The YWCA residence is located a 10-minute walk away from EC Vancouver.
- Suitable for students aged 19+.
- Space is available on a request basis.
- Double rooms must be booked by two students travelling together.
- All bedrooms have locking doors.
- YWCA cancellation: All 30 day reservations are subject to an administration fee of $190.00 per student. This fee is non-refundable in the event that a student cancels. If a student checks out earlier than originally planned, an early checkout fee may be assessed based on the length of the cancelled stay.
- No damage deposit required.
- Subject to the availability