EC Partners

Canadian University Pathways

Choose to study english at EC Toronto or EC Vancouver and start your journey towards university and your future in Canada!  

What can you expect on this course?

Our Canadian University Pathway programme provides you with access to a wide range of universities and colleges to choose from across Canada, including some of the country’s most highly ranked institutions. Studying at a Canadian university is one of the first steps to staying in Canada. When you graduate, you will be eligible for a work permit for up to three years, which may help you if you’re interested in pursuing permanent residency.

What can you expect on this programme?

This course is for students who dream of studying at university in Canada but do not have the English level they need.

The University Pathway Programme improves your English ability to the required level to enter enter a Canadian university.

Choose one of our many partner universities and you will be admitted without a TOEFL or IELTS exam.

1 - Choose an EC School

Choose your EC school in Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal and start your programme, the first step into getting language qualification to Higher Education.

2 - Decide on your college or university

Work with your EC counsellor to choose the most suitable programme and college/university and complete an application. Afterwards, you will receive a conditional acceptance letter which means the university is holding your place.

3 - Reach your English goal

In addition to studying English, you will take courses in study skills, note-taking, academic writing, presentation skills, listening to lectures and other aspects of university life to help prepare you for success at a Canadian university.

4 - Enter university

When you reach the university’s required English level with EC, you will be admitted to the university without a TOEFL/IELTS exam. *Please note some partners may request additional testing and eligibility conditions. Please contact our pathway specialists for more information.

5 - Enjoy your new future

Whether university is a stepping stone to immigration or simply to further your education before returning home, your new skills and qualification will open the doors to a new future! You can have a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) for up to 3 years depending on the length of your study. For more information, please visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Dedicated Team
Our team is committed to helping you get into the university of your choice. You will receive personal guidance and support in choosing a university or college, completing the application process, determining your current level of English, and in helping you reach the required level of English to join your chosen university.

When applying to one of our university partners, you will not have to worry about taking the TOEFL or IELTS exam. Instead, you will receive a conditional letter of acceptance to your chosen university, and you will be admitted once you reach the university’s required level of English.                                                                               

Take this short test to find out your current level of English.

Experience University Life
While you study English at your EC school, you will have a chance to attend classes at a university. This is a perfect opportunity for you to see what student life and the classroom experience is like in Canada, helping you become a better student.

University graduates at graduation ceremony



Upper Intermediate

Course Duration

Minimum 8 weeks

Available In

2023 Start Dates

3 January,
30 January,
27 February,
27 March,
24 April,
22 May,
19 June,
17 July,
14 August,
11 September,
10 October,
6 December

We're super proud of our Agent NPS score of 87!

 Thank you for your trust and support!