Skip to Navigation

Visa Requirements

You will need a Study Permit (student visa) if you want to take a course of over 6 months.

If you want to study for less than 6 months, you need a Visitor's Visa. You can study English for a maximum of 6 months with a Visitor's Visa.

Tourist Visa
You may attend as a tourist for a maximum 6 months. You must have the following documents when you arrive in Canada:

  • a valid passport
  • a Letter of Accepta
more details...

You will need a visa if you are not a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) national, or a national of certain selected countries. Here is the list of countries requiring a visa to study in Ireland:
Visa required countries

Types of visa:
To study for less than 90 days: C visa (Visit-Tourist vi

more details...

Whether you need a visa to learn English in Malta depends on your nationality and the length of your stay. To find out if you require a visa and to apply, you should contact the Maltese Embassy or Consulate in your country for advice. The advice on this factsheet is subject to change so it is always recommended that you contact the Embassy for any recent updates. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the most updated regulations are being followed. Although EC endeavours to s

more details...

When booking a course at EC Cape Town, students will receive all the help they need to apply for the correct visa or visa extension. In the meantime, here is some basic information for entry requirements to South Africa:

A. General Visa Information:

more details...

You need a visa if you are not a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) national.

Types of visa: 
  • If the course is less than eleven months: Short Term Student (STS)
  • Long term courses leading to university education: General Student Visa (GSV) - (Students can apply for this visa even if they are not going to go on to university) 
Short Term Student (STS): 
  • This
more details...

Applying for a Visa in USA

When you book a course at an American EC School, a VISA SPECIALIST will be appointed to you to help make your visa application go smoothly.

What’s a F-1 Student Visa?

To learn English in America you need a F-1 student visa. When you have been accepted onto English course with EC, we send you an I-20 form. This is the first step in the student visa application p

more details...