Description of Local Area
Modern and contemporary apartments located in Toronto’s Yonge and Dundas neighbourhood. It’s all just steps from your door: trendy eateries, eclectic boutiques, theatres, cinemas and the heart of Downtown Toronto, Dundas Square – all yours to explore!
Description of Accommodation
A brand-new residence for over 500 Toronto Metropolitan University students, which our students can live and speak with native English speakers when they are not studying in class. Students will have stunning views of the city or the lake. Four-bedroom apartment, with a shared common space and kitchen. Two bathrooms per apartment. Kitchen includes a stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, pots and pans, and utensils.
- Cleaning service provided bi-weekly for common areas only. Students must keep bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas clean.
- Washing Machines and dryers operated with reloadable laundry cards are available at a cost of 3.00 CDN. Students need to buy their own washing liquid
- Kitchen utensils provided
- Utility bills are included
- 24-hour on-site security and CCTV
- Yoga studio, volunteer program
- Luggage drop-off service is available
- Concierge on site
- Business Centre
- Cleaning Service Provided
- Communal Lounge
- Fitness Center
- Games Room
- Laundry Facilities
Shared (Bath / shower) Bathroom share ratio: 2:1
Images are for representation purpose only. Actual furnishings may differ from those shown. Amenities and services are subject to change.
Please refer to partners.ecenglish.com for the most up to date factsheet. Information live on this site will supersede any information provided earlier
186 Jarvis St Toronto M5B 2B7
Journey to school
Walk 8 minutes to Dundas Subway station. Take northbound train until Eglinton Station. Walk five minutes to the school. Travel time (25 minutes).
Arrival and departure
- Arrival day: Saturday (Sunday arrival is possible)
Check in: 3:00 pm
Early Check-In and Late Check In are not allowed. Students need to go to the front desk with the passports. The residence will receive from us a weekly arrival list. After the check in process, if is already check in time, somebody from the residence will go with the students and show them their apartment and room. Also, students will get an access card to be able to enter to the building and its amenities. Students are welcome to wait in the large Living Room on the 2nd floor with their luggage while you wait for the check in time”
- Departure day: Saturday
Check out: 10.00 am
Late check out is not allowed. Students are able to use the facilities after check out time but not their room and apartment.
Cancellation prior to arrival
Students cancelling or postponing 14 days or less prior to their accommodation dates will be charged a two-week accommodation fee at the rate quoted in the price list for the accommodation booked and the accommodation placement fee.
Cancellation after arrival
Students leaving their accommodation must give notice in writing 4 weeks prior to termination. If the 4-week notice period is not provided a cancellation fee equal to 4 weeks of the accommodation cost will apply. After deducting the price of accommodation used at the rate quoted in the price list, including the required notice period charged at the same rate, students will be refunded the remaining accommodation costs.
I want an EC airport transfer, can I arrive at any time?
If you have booked accommodation with EC you must arrive at the airport between 08:00 and 20:00. Late/early arrivals may be asked to book alternative accommodation.
What information do I need to give to book an airport transfer?
Please provide your flight number, arrival time, terminal and airport of origin – minimum 2 weeks in advance.
Who will I meet at the airport?
If you booked EC airport transfer service you need to go to the information booth of the airport to call to the emergency number (+1 416 209 8331) and let the driver know that you are already there. There is phone that you can use for free in the information booth. Wait at the information booth for the driver, who will arrive in approx. 5minutes. All flights land in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. In both terminals the information booths are located near the exit of the arrival areas.
What should I do if I have missed my flight or my flight is delayed?
You should notify EC by calling 416 209 8331 to rearrange your transfer time and avoid additional cost. Useful phrase to use: My name is (Maria Angeli). I am from (Italy). My student number is (123456) and my flight has been changed. My new flight number is (1234) arriving at (time).
Other ways to get to your residence
By Uber or Taxi is the most recommended way.
- Students must be 18 years or older
- Mixed gender
- No smoking. No pets. No Partying
- No overnight guests
- Students arriving in EC accommodation between 22.00 – 08.00 may be asked to book alternative accommodation for their first night. This is to ensure student’s safety on arrival.
- While we promote and support diversity, we cannot guarantee language mix. However, we always encourage students to use English to communicate, be respectful and inclusive of others
- EC provides a clean living space for all students and expects a basic level of respect from all students. For example, if something is dropped, pick it up; do not leave clothes and belongings on the floor; place rubbish and leftovers in a garbage bag. Please follow the landlord’s instructions and take the trash outside on designated days for trash pick up