Description of Local Area
Modern and contemporary Sherbourne apartments are located in Toronto’s Yonge and Bloor neighbourhood. It’s all just steps from your door: trendy eateries, eclectic boutiques, and emerging art galleries – all yours to explore!
Description of Accommodation
Each apartment includes a fully-equipped kitchen with major appliances and kitchenware. All apartments feature comfortable and quality furnishings with a sofa, dining set, study desk, smart TV and Netflix. Bedroom door lock or lock box in each bedroom.
Standard Single Room Shared Bathroom– has the largest floor plan and has a large window which allows for plenty of natural light. The room is private and is separated from the rest of the unit and the living room with bookshelves and a folding, sliding door. However there is a small gap between the top of the room divider and the ceiling.
Standard Economy Single Room Shared Bathroom– doesn’t have an outside view. The window in the room faces the common area. The window has blinds that can be closed.
- Cleaning service- once per month for common areas only. Students must keep bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas clean. Dishes need to be done immediately after use
- Washing Machines (13) and dryers (13) are available in the building’s laundry room downstairs. Washing is $3.25 per load and drying is $2.00 per load. Students can load their laundry card with funds so that they can use the washing machines and dryers in the laundry room
- Kitchen utensils provided
- Utility bills are included
- 24-hour on-site security
- Students need to supply their own shower towels and consumables (toothpaste, shampoo, toilet papers)
- Theater room
- Yoga area
- The building and the apartment are wheelchair accessible, however the unit is not fully wheelchair accessible/wheelchair adapted (i.e. there is no roll in shower)
- Luggage drop-off service is available at an additional charge
- Cleaning Service Provided
- Communal Kitchen
- Communal Lounge
- Free WI-FI
- Laundry Facilities
- Roku TV Streaming Device
- Wheelchair Accessible
Shared (Bath / shower) Bathroom share ratio: 3:1
Images are for representation purpose only. Actual furnishings may differ from those shown. Amenities and services are subject to change.
Please refer to partners.ecenglish.com for the most up to date factsheet. Information live on this site will supersede any information provided earlier
561 Sherbourne St, Toronto, ON M4X 1W6
+1 416 731 0619
+1 416 209 8331
Journey to school
Metro – 25 minutes approx.
Cycle – 30 minutes approx.
Arrival and departure
Arrival day: Saturday (The student must book the room from Saturday, but can check-in to the residence on Sunday).
Check in: 4.00 pm
Early Check-In (before 9:00am) or Late Check In (after 9:00pm) is available upon request for an additional charge of $50 per person, to be paid by cash at the Residence. Credit Cards are not accepted.
If the flight is delayed, causing the student to arrive at Residence outside of the normal check-in times, he/she will be charged the extra fee. Students will be able to leave their luggage at the apartment and come back at 4 pm (when the room is ready). The student/agent should notify EC of the student’s arrival time so this information will be sent to the residence manager. The student should contact the residence manager by phone, email or Whatsapp when he/she arrives at the Toronto airport to make arrangements for the check-in.
Departure day: Saturday
Check out:11.00 am
Cancellation prior to arrival
Students cancelling or postponing 14 days or less prior to their accommodation dates will be charged a two-week accommodation fee at the rate quoted in the price list for the accommodation booked and the accommodation placement fee.
Cancellation after arrival
Students leaving their accommodation must give notice in writing 4 weeks prior to termination. If the 4-week notice period is not provided a cancellation fee equal to 4 weeks of the accommodation cost will apply. After deducting the price of accommodation used at the rate quoted in the price list, including the required notice period charged at the same rate, students will be refunded the remaining accommodation costs.
- Students must be 18 years or older
- Suites are mixed gender
- No smoking. No pets. No Partying
- No overnight guests
- While we promote and support diversity, we cannot guarantee language mix. However, we always encourage students to use English to communicate, be respectful and inclusive of others
- EC provides a clean living space for all students and expects a basic level of respect from all students. For example, if something is dropped, pick it up; do not leave clothes and belongings on the floor; place rubbish and leftovers in a garbage bag. Please follow the landlord’s instructions and take the trash outside on designated days for trash pick up
Students are required to follow EC Student Code of Conduct, failure to do so can result in termination of the accommodation.
For more accommodation terms please refer to EC accommodation terms.
If you have booked the residence with EC you must arrive at the airport between 05:00 am and 23:00 pm. Late/early arrivals may be asked to book alternative accommodation.
What information do I need to give to book an airport transfer?
Please provide your flight number, arrival time, terminal and airport of origin – minimum 2 weeks in advance
Who will I meet at the airport?
You will meet an EC transportation representative holding an EC sign outside the arrivals gate.
What should I do if I cannot find the EC representative?
If after 10 minutes you cannot see the EC representative, just call 416 209 8331 (from the information desk or a mobile phone). (Useful phrase to use: Hi, my name is (Maria Angela). I am from (Italy). My student number is (123456). I cannot find my EC representative. I am at the information desk.)
What should I do if I have missed my flight or my flight is delayed?
You should notify EC by calling 416 209 8331 (from the information desk or a mobile phone) to rearrange your transfer time and avoid additional cost. (Useful phrase to use: My name is (Maria Angela). I am from (Italy). My student number is (123456) and my flight has been changed. My new flight number is (1234) arriving at (time).
Please keep in mind that you will stay in an apartment building without a front desk. Please follow our arrival procedure to ensure a smooth check-in:
- Please send your flight details or an estimated time of arrival as soon as known
- Phone, Email, or Send us a WhatsApp message when you arrive at the airport or when you are en route to the apartment.
+1 416 731 0619
+1 416 871 1026
+1 416 879 9227
- Please watch our orientation video prior to your arrival
Check out process: When you check out, please leave your keys on your desk in your room. If the keys are not returned, there is a charge for lost keys- $25 charge for lost keys $50 charge for lost fobs.
Other ways to get to your residence
Walk to UP Express Person Airport Board UPExpress Union Station train($12.00 cash) and travel 3 stops Union Station(25 minutes)
Exit train and walk to Union subway station. (5 minutes)
Board line 1(Yong-University) subway to Bloor-Yonge station (6 stops, 9 minutes)
Transfer line 2 (Yong-Danforth) subway to Sherbourne station (non-stop, 3 minutes)
Walk to 561 Sherbourne on Sherbourne street (260 m, 3 minutes)