Description of Local Area
Kavanagh Court is perfectly located in Dublin’s city centre. The local area has several cafes and shops just outside it’s doorstep. A 5-minute walk into Dublin’s most popular shopping area and tourist attractions, Kavanagh Court residence is located on Gardiner Street, just minutes away from all the action. The area is well-connected to the city by public transportation, but there are also several little restaurants and bars nearby if you would prefer to stay close by. Many famous tourist attractions, such as GPO, Trinity College, Collins Barracks, and Jameson Distillery are all within walking distance from the residence.
Description of Accommodation
Kavanagh Court offers fully-private studio with an en-suite bathroom and private kitchen.
All rooms promote privacy and convenience. A study desk and chair are provided offering a dedicated space for academic work.
- Once a week deep cleaning of the kitchen and removing rubbish provided . The students need to clean their rooms and kitchen after themselves on a daily basis.
- Luggage drop off service available
- Kitchen utensils provided
- 24-Hour Security on site
- Concierge on site
- Utility bills included
- Laundry €4.50/wash and €2.00/dry.
- Bike racks
- Cleaning Service Provided
- Communal Dining Room
- Communal Kitchen
- Communal Lounge
- Fitness Center
- Games Room
- Laundry Facility
- Vending machines
- Wheelchair accessible
Images are for representation purpose only. Actual furnishings may differ from those shown.
Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, D01 V2P9
+353 (0) 894418 757
Arrival and departure
Arrival day: Saturday ( Sunday arrival is possible)
Check-in: 3:00 p.m. Early check-in is not allowed.
The student should go to reception and give their name and school name. The reception staff will allocate the student to a room and offer further instructions.
Departure day: Saturday
Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
Late check out is not possible
Journey to school
The Luas (Tram) is a 5 minute walk from Kavanagh Court. The stop is called Parnell Street. The Luas Journey will take you Charlemont which is another 5 minute walking distance to EC Dublin. There are a number of buses from O’Connell Street which can be taken to Rathmines where EC is located, including the 140 and the 83 bus. Travel time is about 26 minutes.
We suggest students download the official Dublin Bus App for real time information.
Cancellation prior to arrival
Students cancelling or postponing 14 days or less prior to their accommodation dates will be charged a two-week accommodation fee at the rate quoted in the price list for the accommodation booked and the accommodation placement fee.
Cancellation after arrival
Students leaving their accommodation must give notice in writing 4 weeks prior to termination. After deducting the price of accommodation used, including the required notice period, charged at standard accommodation rates, students will be refunded the remaining accommodation costs. If the 4-week notice period is not provided a cancellation fee equal to 4 weeks of the accommodation cost will apply.
Airport Pick-up: Airport collection are booked through your agent or directly from the
If Airport Pick-up is not requested (other ways to get to your residence):
Public bus number 16 will leave you on O’Connell street, a 5 minute walk to Gardiner Street.
Aircoach from Dublin airport to O’Connell street, a 5 minute walk to Gardiner street.
Taxi from the airport to Gardiner street will take 30-40 minutes
Arrival procedure at the residence/shared apartment: Arrive at the correct check-in time and introduce yourself at reception. Access fobs/keys will be issued.
- Students must be 18 + to choose this residence
- Mixed Gender: Male and female students share common areas and facilities, but bedrooms are single gender.
- Students are given a key on arrival; for which a €25 deposit will be collected by the residence and refunded on return.
- Overnight guest allowed 2 days max. An authorisation form must be filled in. This can be done online.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the residence.
- If a fob or key needs to be replaced there is a 25euro charge.
Student will be charged for damages.
- Students arriving in EC accommodation between 22.00 – 08.00 may be asked to book alternative accommodation for their first night. This is to ensure student’s safety on arrival.
- While we promote and support diversity, we cannot guarantee language mix. However, we always encourage students to use English to communicate, be respectful and inclusive of others
- EC provides a clean living space for all students and expects a basic level of respect from all students. For example, if something is dropped, pick it up; do not leave clothes and belongings on the floor; place rubbish and leftovers in a garbage bag
For more accommodation terms and conditions please refer to EC accommodation policy.