Description of Local Area
Mitre House – Britannia Study Hotel is a 15 minute walk from the city centre or a 10-minute journey using public transport.
Mitre House – Britannia Study Hotel is located in the very centre of Brighton, a short walk from the beach and very close to the main shopping centre of Brighton. It is perfectly located for easy access to Brighton’s main attractions, shops and famous nightlife.
Description of Accommodation
Mitre House – Britannia Study Hotel is a mixed gender residence offering single occupancy of double rooms. All bedrooms have en-suite showering/toilet facilities. Wi-fi is available throughout the building. Rooms share communal kitchen/TV lounges (no TV in the bedrooms). A buffet style breakfast (including full English Breakfast) is available in the mornings for £9.50. Breakfast is served Monday to Friday from 7.00am until 10.00am. Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays from 8.00am until 11.00am.
- Common areas are cleaned every day and rooms once a week. Extra charges are only made where for some reason extra cleaning is needed, for example students leaving the kitchens very dirty or a bedroom taking much longer that is necessary
- There are 3 washing machines and 3 tumble dryers. There is a charge of £3.50
per wash and £2 per drying load.
- Luggage drop off is allowed
- Utility bills are included
- 24-hour on-site security
- Students should bring their own beach towels
- Wheelchair type is requested by Mitre House at point of booking. There are 2 wheelchair access rooms
- Bedlinen changed once a week
- Kitchen utensils are provided
- Cleaning Service Provided
- Communal Kitchen
- Communal Lounge
- Laundry Facilities
- Wheelchair Accessible
Single. Room size: Average 15 sqft
Images are for representation purpose only. Actual furnishings may differ from those shown. Amenities and services are subject to change.
Please refer to partners.ecenglish.com for the most up to date factsheet. Information live on this site will supersede any information provided earlier
Mitre House – Britannia Study Hotel,
150 Western Road,
Brighton BN1 2DA
+44 (0) 7714 459 205
+44 (0) 7714 459 205
Arrival and departure
Arrival day: Saturday (Sunday arrival is possible on request).
Check in: 2pm
Early check in is not allowed. There is a storage area for luggage and a comfortable waiting area.
Late check in is allowed.
Late check out is not allowed.
Journey to school
Mitre House – Britannia Study Hotel is a 15 minute walk from EC Brighton school or a 10-minute journey using public transport.
Cancellation prior to arrival
Students cancelling or postponing 14 days or less prior to their accommodation dates will be charged a two-week accommodation fee at the rate quoted in the price list for the accommodation booked and the accommodation placement fee.
Cancellation after arrival
Students leaving their accommodation must give notice in writing 4 weeks prior to termination. If the 4-week notice period is not provided a cancellation fee equal to 4 weeks of the accommodation cost will apply. After deducting the price of accommodation used at the rate quoted in the price list, including the required notice period charged at the same rate, students will be refunded the remaining accommodation costs.
If you have booked accommodation with EC you must arrive at the airport between 08:00 and 20:00. Late/early arrivals may be asked to book alternative accommodation. You will meet an EC transportation representative holding an EC Brighton sign in the arrivals hall. If after 10 minutes you cannot see the EC representative, just call +44 (0)7714 459205 (from the information desk or a mobile phone). If your flight is missed, delayed, or cancelled, or if there is any other problem, you should notify EC by calling +44 (0)7714 459205 (from the information desk or a mobile phone) to rearrange your transfer time and avoid additional cost.
Other ways to get to your residence
20 mins walk from Pool Valley Coach Station/15 mins walk from train station.
There is a reception area that is open 24/7 and where someone will be available to show the student to their room.If you are unable to check into your residence on the pre- booked day of arrival, please call the emergency number and advise our staff of your intended check in date and estimated time of arrival.
- Students must be 18+ to choose these residence
- Mixed Gender. Male and female students share common areas and facilities, but bedrooms are single gender
- Students will be required to sign a tenancy agreement on arrival to the residence. No credit card or bank details are required on arrival however, payment for damages must be effected immediately
- Guests are allowed until 11pm. Students who wish to have guests to stay need to book this in advance at there is a charge of £25
- Smoking is not permitted
- The student should not use residence towels for trips to the beach/ gym/swimming.
- While we promote and support diversity, we cannot guarantee language mix. However, we always encourage students to use English to communicate, be respectful and inclusive of others
- EC provides a clean living space for all students and expects a basic level of respect from all students. For example, if something is dropped, pick it up; do not leave clothes and belongings on the floor; place rubbish and leftovers in a garbage bag
Students are required to follow EC Student Code of Conduct, failure to do so can result in termination of the accommodation.
For more accommodation terms please refer to EC accommodation terms.