- Visa Requirements
- Availability Update
EC Boston: Comfort North End Apartment
Photos show samples of available rooms. Fixtures, fittings and sizes may vary.
- Free Wi-Fi facilities
- Bed linen provided
- Cleaning service provided
- Communal kitchen with modern appliances
- Flat screen TV
- Lock box for students who arrive outside of check in hours without a transfer
- Number of Bedrooms
- 4 (total of 5 beds)
- Type of Room
- Single / Twin (Shared Bathroom) and Ensuite
- Board Status
Description of accommodation
EC Boston’s North End Lewis Street Apartment boasts 4 beautifully furnished bedrooms – one shared room, two single rooms and one en-suite. These bedrooms all share a large bathroom with modern appliances and beautifully tiled walls. The fourth and final bedroom has its own bathroom with a bathtub. The common area holds a 50 inch wall-mounted flat screen television as well as comfortable seating to relax after a long day in the city/ at class/ studying in one of the North End’s cafés. Feeling hungry? No problem! The apartment is conveniently just down the street from The Golden Goose, a delightful local market!
Lewis Street is steps away from Boston’s boat-filled Lewis Wharf and gorgeous Christopher Columbus Park, which gives amazing views of the sparkling waterfront. With less than a 5 minute walk to Haymarket T Station, the city of Boston is truly at students’ fingertips!
Description of local area
Would you like to live in the oldest neighborhood in Boston? Would you love the opportunity to live in one of Boston’s most exclusive parts of the city? We have just the place – and it’s just down the road from Boston’s most famous Italian restaurants. You’ll be surrounded by some of America’s oldest churches and graveyards, cafes and bakeries, and it’s just a short walk from EC Boston! Boston’s famous Freedom Trail also runs through the North End, passing by burial grounds, some of which contain markers dating back as far as 1661. The North End is also close to Boston’s night life scene next to Faneuil Hall.
The North End is near all T stop lines and only a few minutes’ walk from EC Boston. There are stores, restaurants, and shops nearby, as well as the New England Aquarium.
8 Lewis St. #3
Boston, MA 02109
+1 617 990 4880 - Inside US +1 800 964 7009 - Outside US
Throughout the year
Arrival and departure
Arrival day: Saturday 11:00 - 20:00
Departure day: Saturday 11:00
Journey to school
The apartment is located 10 minutes from EC Boston's new location by foot. To get to the school, walk south down Commercial Street toward Faneuil Hall.
The student should purchase a monthly Link Pass ($75) or Weekly Pass ($19/week), which will give students unlimited rides for both subway and buses.
Getting From Boston Logan Airport via Public Transportation:
Type of Transportation:
Taxi: On average $35-60 to get to either the host family or the shared apartment. Cost depends on the distance of destination.
- The subway and bus routes serving Boston Logan International Airport are operated by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (better known as the MBTA or the "T") which include:
1. MBTA Silver Line: Please follow the signs directing you to the proper boarding location for the Silver Line.
2. The Silver Line's route SL1 (Logan Airport - South Station via Waterfront) bus rapid transit service available at Boston Logan, is your best direct connection to and from South Station (RED Line subway and South Shore / Metro West commuter rail services)
- MBTA Subway & Bus: Board free Massport SHUTTLE buses to connect to the Blue Line (Airport Station).The Blue Line is your best connection to and from the MBTA Orange Lines at State St. Station. If you should need to transfer to a Red or Green Line, please get off at Downton Crossing Station from the State St. Station.
If a request for an Airport transfer service has been made, the driver will be waiting, holding a sign with EC and then your name on it at:
- The baggage claim area, if you should arrive via a DOMESTIC flight; OR
- Outside the Immigration & Customs area, if you should arrive via an INTERNATIONAL flight.
If you do not see the transportation representative immediately, please make sure to wait at least 15 minutes before leaving the designated meeting point to call the transfer company emergency number +1(0) 800 609 1402. Even if the representative does not answer, you should still leave a message confirming your location and the agent will find you within a few minutes.
Please make sure to contact the EC Boston if there is any problem or the flight is missed, delayed or cancelled.
Please make sure to follow these instructions; otherwise, we cannot guarantee that the person who will check you in will be at the apartment when you arrive.
If you do not request the transfer service, it is very important that you call the EC Emergency phone en route to the residence so that we can have your most updated arrival time. Also, please let the person on the phone know if you plan on taking a taxi or use public transportation to the apartment. Someone then will be at the apartment in order to check you in.
If you have not provided us with your flight/arrival information, please do so as soon as possible, so that we can arrange for someone to let you in the apartment upon your arrival.
- Mixed Gender: Male and female students share common areas and facilities, but bedrooms are single gender.
- Students must be 18+ to choose this accommodation.
- A $300 security refundable deposit, payable by credit card, is required upon arrival. Should no damage to property be encountered upon inspection, students will be refunded from 4-6 weeks following departure. (detailed check out procedure will be given on the last Wednesday of your stay)
- Students should bring their own towel