- Visa Requirements
- Availability Update
EC Malta 30+: Standard/Comfort Homestay
Photos show samples of available rooms. Fixtures, fittings and sizes may vary.
- Communal Kitchen
- Cable TV
- Bed linen provided
- Laundry Facilities
- Bath towels are provided
- Type of Room
- Standard : Single or Twin | Comfort : Single with Private Bathroom
- Board Status
- Half Board
Description of accommodation
When choosing to stay with a homestay, students have the unique opportunity to share and experience the day to day life of a Maltese family together with all the diversity of the Maltese culture.
Students can choose between twin and single room accommodation. For those students choosing twin room accommodation they can expect to be placed with a student of a different nationality or they can choose to share with a friend.
Each room will provide the student with storage space for clothes, a chair and desk (if not in the bedroom students will be able to use a designated area for studying) as well as good lighting, mirror, waste paper bin. Bed linen and towels are provided by the host family and they will also offer students one clothes wash per week and anything extra is at the discretion of the host family.
Whilst staying in a host family students will have access to communal rooms such as the lounge, dining area and kitchen although most students will not be able to use the cooking facilities and each family will advise the student on what a student has access to in the kitchen. Bathrooms will be shared with the host family.
Booking a superior homestay enables a student to have their own bathroom which will either be en-suite to the bedroom or located outside the bedroom however these facilities will be for the sole use of the student during their stay.
Description of local area
Host families are all withing easy reach of EC Malta, either using public transport or within walking distance. Homestay locations include but are not limited to; St Julian’s, Sliema, Sweiqi, San Gwann, St Andrew’s, Ta’ Xbiex, Gzira, Msida and Pembroke.
+356 9946 7078
For use outside of office hours only
Throughout the year
Arrival and departure
Arrival Day: Saturday/ Sunday
Departure Day: Saturday/ Sunday
- Special dietary may be accommodated subject to availability at a fee per week
- Twin Rooms only available for two students booking together
- EC is happy to assist students with arrangements for any justifiable accommodation change. Requests to change host family accommodation must be accompanied by valid reasons.
- Kitchen cooking facilities are not to be used by students.
- With advanced notice we can accommodate any special requests that you may consider necessary for your well being e.g. non smoking family, no pets, allergies, special dietary requirements etc. However you should bear in mind that this may not always be possible.