- Visa Requirements
- Availability Update
EC Cape Town
With a brand new designer finished school, in the heart of the city, EC Cape Town is just a few streets away from all the action of famous Long Street. The school is warm and welcoming with fantastic facilities and situated in a beautifully renovated heritage building.
Rowallen PeriasamyCentre Director
Monica BoshoffDirector of Studies
Rifqah BrennerAccommodation Officer
- Established: 2002
- Centre capacity: 360
- Classrooms: 12 fully equipped classrooms
- Minimum age: 16
- Students per class: Average 12 (Max 15)
- Cambridge Exam testing centre
- EC English Cape Town is registered as an Accredited Training Provider with Services SETA, accreditation number 6515, to offer Learning Programmes aligned with the National Qualifications Framework in compliance with the Higher Education Act 101 of 1997; Skills Development Act No. 97 of 1998; South African Qualifications Authority Act 58 of 1995 and the Further Education and Training Colleges Act 16 of 2006.
- 10 Computers with free internet access
- Free Wi-Fi internet access throughout the centre
- Library facilities
- Self-study room
- Student lounge with TV
- Cambridge Exam Testing Centre
- Subsidised gym membership available
- Social and cultural programme
EC Cape Town
Redefine North Wharf 1st floor
42 Hans Strijdom Avenue
+27 (0) 2142 24111
+27 (0) 8488 66342
0800 - 1700 GMT+1
- Located in the central business district
- School in historical Heritage Building
- Only a few blocks from famous V&A Waterfront
- Great location for shops, dining and entertainment
- Surrounded by some of the top hotels in Cape Town
- Just opposite Cape Town's newest skyscraper, where EC students enjoy breakfast as part of their Monday morning orientation.
- Other 30%
- Libyan 19%
- Angolan 10%
- Brazilian 7%
- Turkish 7%
- Swiss 6%
- Iranian 6%
- Saudi Arabian 6%
- Yemeni 5%
- Colombian 3%
- Gabonese 2%
16 - 17
18 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
My three months in Cape Town! I decided to take time off to improve my knowledge in English. I had no doubt in my mind where to go when I found South Africa as a destination - especially Cape Town! Cape Town is totally the best destination, my experience in this city is almost indescribable. Really beautiful weather, people, culture, birds, everything is different for me! The EC school is incredible, teachers are open-minded, friendly and really professional. My accommodation is completely perfect! I like my roommates. Cape Town is special for me, it is a unique experience. I'm still wondering why I did not come earlier. I'll repeat it again and again!
- 1 of 11
I hail from Cape Town and I’m addicted to the sight of Table Mountain. I can look at it for hours on end. I encourage local cuisine and quaffing on local vino. The mother-mountain becomes even more majestic with a samoosa in the one hand and a glass of iced dry-white in the other. I love the ever-changing weather and the fact that we really have “four seasons in one day.” However, I don’t like it when the wind howls!
I’ve taught English to speakers of other languages for about five years. The last two years at EC Cape Town has definitely been the most rewarding. I love meeting and teaching students from around the globe. It’s also very rewarding to work in a professional, albeit crazy environment! I’ve guided a few students in the right direction. I do believe studying English is one of the most rewarding things people could do. Teaching it certainly is!
Speaking and playing around with words and sentences is really the best way to learn. Mistakes are easy to fix, so don’t worry about it! Learning and memorising new vocabulary also helps. My classes are extremely interactive and focused on production. I like giving students an equal opportunity to speak in class and I absolutely love to listen!
My favourite place in Cape Town is definitely on top of Lion’s Head with a picnic basket packet with scrumptious titbits to eat and some good Cap Classique bubbly to sip down the sun. You can’t leave Cape Town without making friends with the local beach bums on Clifton’s prestige beaches. C’mon, share your sun downer with them and tell them from which exotic country you’re from!
- 1 of 14